Tuesday 4 September 2007

Made you stop and stare




The colloquial language hand scrawled across these Nike basketball trainers made me smile as I had adopted the same approach to the D&AD land securities 80m hoarding brief, "made you look made you notice' is the type of 'i'm talking to you, yes; you' attitude I tried to convey, catching people's eye with handwritten dialect of a casual manner across a product or place. I think it's successful due to the quirky unfinished look, these trainers arent clean and white, they're covered in unsteady black ink, unstraight and squeezed into an ill-shaped space, its 'street wise' and edgy which is the type of consumer Nike attempts to appeal to.

1 comment:

Becky Pericleous said...

I really like these, handwritten type is much more interesting. The inaccuracys in the lettering gives a more personal, fun edge.