Wednesday 11 July 2007

The American way




Competition is plentiful. As a Graphic Design student, I can often forget that the industry is not just based in London - Our Capital. Whilst scouring the pages of Spring/Summer edition of American Visual communication Mag 'CMYK', I took in some of the work produced for competitions elsewhere.

I have selected two of my favourite 'visual thinking' solutions designed for tampax and Miele Vacuum cleaners. I am a huge fan of ideas communicated via one clever image alone. The tampax design can be understood and appreciated within seconds by a Worldwide audience of women due to image speaking its own universal language.
I am always amused by quirky outdoor forms of advertising media, so this literal reference to a powerful new vacuum cleaner caught my attention.

No comments: